People are awakening to the idea that you don’t have to use antibiotics for everything and anything. In this article, we outline some very effective home remedies for ear infections.
There are several different kinds of ear infections that can cause serious pain in both children and adults, but its common mostly in children. External Otitis, or Swimmer’s ear, is caused by debris entering the ear canal. Middle Ear Infection, which usually occurs in children, is caused when bacteria or viruses from common illnesses such as cold, flu, and sinus infections enter the middle ear. It is typically accompanied by a balloon-like feeling that is about to pop and is very painful. Labyrinthitis is an inner infection where the sense organs inside the ear are swollen or inflamed. The symptoms for ear infections include fever, fluid drainage, pulling on ears (in younger children), hearing loss and irritability. Less frequent symptoms include vomiting, nausea and loss of appetite.
Most doctors will treat ear infections with antibiotics. While the antibiotics will treat the condition, it weakens the immune system making you more susceptible to relapse or have chronic occurrence ultimately becoming a viscous cycle.
Here are some home remedies for ear infections you can use to help eliminate naturally and holistically.
- One of the most effective natural remedy is hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). You can buy the common 3% version which come in a brown bottle at any store. H2O2 is very effective in treating infections. Take one teaspoon of H2O2 and drop it into the ear. You will feel and hear a sizzling sound – don’t be alarmed, that’s the oxygen killing off the bacteria in your ear. Hold it in for about 10 minutes and then drop your head so the H2O2 can pour out. Try it twice a day for 2 days and see how it works and adjust from there. you may have to continue 3rd day. But this should take care of the ear infection.
- Putting 2 or 3 drops of garlic juice or garlic oil in the affected area has also been known to help ease the pain and shorten the length of time. I like using a mullein/garlic oil blend created by “Herb Pharm”. It is a wonderful tincture that is
- Tea tree oil has mild anti-bacterial properties and can be used to cure mild bacterial infections. Only a couple of drops of tea tree oil are needed and make sure you test the tea tree oil on your skin as it can be a skin irritant. You can use a diluted version if its too strong for you.
- One or two drops of warm olive oil can help relieve the pain and reduce symptoms.
- Onion juice has many therapeutic qualities and is effective in treating this condition. Squeeze some onion juice, drop a couple drops in the ear and then put some on a cotton ball and block the ear with it.
A warm compress won’t eliminate your ear infection but can give you some relief from the pain.
If you have some suggestions, comments, and questions, please post them here, we would love to hear from you.
Incoming search terms:
- sonic remedy for ear infection
- home remedy in tamil
- oil garlic ear infection
- labyrinthitis and hydrogen peroxide
- home remedy for ear infection tea tree oil
- helping ear infections hollisticaly
- ear infection oil
- ear infection kids for tamil
- ear infection for kids in tamil
- can i squeeze some onion juice on cotton ball and clear ear infection